In today’s online world, having proper social media accounts is a key tool for any business to be successful.
Twitter alone has millions of users visiting their site each day. Creating an account on this social platform can provide a huge audience for your business, and you will be able to reach potential clients from all around the world. So, why should businesses understand how to use Twitter? What's in it for them? And, what type of value will they see by investing in quality resources to create and manage their Twitter account?
In this blog, we'll explain how to use Twitter for business and tell you what matters most when creating a Twitter account for your company.
So, why should a business even use Twitter?
There are a few reasons why companies should use Twitter and virtually no downsides to creating an account. It’s completely free to do so, which makes it one of the most budget-friendly ways to expand and elevate your business. So here are a few reasons for why you should even consider getting started with a Twitter account:
- Brand Credibility. Creating a Twitter account for your business is one way you can optimize your entire brand. Your profile will let clients get to know you as more than just another business. If done right, your profile will showcase what you stand for, and get people to care about what you do. Your Twitter feed can be used to promote products and services, respond to comments, and cultivate your unique ‘voice.’
- Engagement with Customers. Twitter is one of the number one places for you to engage with your clients or customers. You can also respond to any complaints and find valuable feedback about how you can improve your business. If you’re using your account to interact with people instead of just promoting yourself then you’re likely to attract even more potential customers.
- Networking. If you want to form network connections with other businesses, then Twitter is a great way to get started. Since countless businesses use the site every day, there is no end to how big you can build your network. These connections can even lead to future partnerships.
- Keeping track of the competition. On the flip side of getting to build your business network, you can also use Twitter to keep an eye on your competitors. In some instances, it may be the first place you learn about new trends in your industry. This allows you to be at the top of your game. When you’re up to date on these trends and know what your competitors are up to, you can craft strategic tweets to draw in more followers.
That's great but, is Twitter really effective?
If you want to fully optimize your online presence, you have to do far more than just create a profile. You need to be able to effectively use Twitter for businesses. It can take proper research, and some trial and error, but you will eventually find the best strategy for you. There are a few things you can do to make sure your Twitter presence starts out on the right foot.
- Complete Your Business Profile. The first step to creating an account for your business is to make sure you have all of the small details completed. A full profile will need a handle, username, profile photo, bio, and header image. Most business profiles will also have a pinned Tweet at the top of their page. This will make it the first tweet that anyone visiting your account will see. Having a complete profile that captures your brand is the first step in properly utilizing Twitter.
- Don't Hashtag Things To Death. Twitter is known for using hashtags, and there are easy ways you can use them to help your business profile. Any tweets using the same hashtag are grouped together, which can get your profile more visits. However, more is less when it comes to using this aspect of Twitter. Going overboard can deter potential followers.
- Actually Use Twitter. The best way to attract an audience on Twitter is to be active every day, if possible. Through photos, gifs, and polls, you can add any number of new content to your Twitter profile. While staying active can feel like a chore, there are tools that will let you schedule tweets months in advance. This allows you to stay active without having to worry about it.
- Create Promoted Tweets. While you can grow a Twitter following without spending any money, creating advertisements is a great way to promote your business. A promoted tweet will look like a regular tweet, but it can appear in the feeds of people who don’t follow you. You can use them to promote your business while expanding your audience of potential followers.
Is there anything else I should know about Twitter?
Using Twitter to promote your business can be a great idea, especially if done right. While it can seem overwhelming for those who aren’t as familiar with social media, it only takes a bit of research to learn the ropes. Educating yourself has a business owner, no matter your position or responsibility is a key factor in any company being successful.
You can't buy your way out of having to learn marketing channels like Twitter. Push yourself. Learn it. And thrive.
In addition to this, one of the most important things to do is to stay true to your brand voice. By being authentic, you will attract more followers while bringing in new clients.